Manual Repair and Restoration is what we do best
Over time, your Oriental carpet or area rug will start to show signs of wear. Some manual carpet repair and restoration may be needed. High traffic can cause wear and tear, moths can cause holes, water damage, burns, stains and spills may occur.
At Abay Oriental Rugs, we specialize in manual carpet repair and restoration. Our professionally trained and expert team can restore your fine oriental carpet or antique rug to its original beauty. We can repair all types of rug damage by reweaving the damaged parts of your carpet with matching colour wool yarn.
Our manual carpet repair and restoration works are among the few top best in the province. Years of experience in Persian and Oriental rug restoration, cleaning and weaving of unique and valuable rugs like Serapi, Oushak, Saroukh, Heriz, Mahal, Bakhtiari… makes us your number one resource and expert in handmade Persian and oriental rug manual repair and restoration.
Manual Carpet Repair and Restoration is our expertise
At Abay Orientals rugs, our professionally trained experts will repair and restore the original look of your carpets. Manual repair and restoration that we provide:
- Artistic repairs of tears, holes or worn out areas
- Repair damages caused by moth and carpet beetles, re-piling
- Repair edge fraying, fuzzing or tip blooming
- Fringe stitching by hand-weaving, re-fringing
- Prefabricated fringe installation
- Restoration of colour, rug sheering
- Rug binding or rug edging, serging
- Size reduction
- Carpet stretching and repair of curled sides
- Rug overcasting
- Installation of sleeves on the back or hooks to make the hanging easier
Each area rug or Oriental carpet that comes into our store for cleaning is thoroughly inspected for damaged areas. We will contact you with a cost estimate before any work is done on your rugs.